You are here: Home | Young Person's Information Officer

Young Person's Information Officer

As a result of the new SEND Code of Practice for Children and Young People (0-25), children and young people who have statements of SEN are to be transferred to Education, Health and Care (EHC) Plans by April 2018. Any new requests for statutory assessment will be carried out with a view to gaining an EHC plan rather than a statement of SEN.

We work with children up to age 16 who have a disability or special educational needs. We offer impartial information, advice and support if they or their parents feel they need it.

If your child is due to have a transfer review, Rotherham SENDIASS can support you through this. You can also get support from an Independent Supporter. I can support your child through the process if they or you want them to have some extra help.

Support we can provide:

  • We can help your child to understand how to access services. It may be necessary to liaise between different agencies acting separate to the local authority. We can suggest other ways of getting information as required
  • We can provide support if your child is having an Education, Health and Care needs assessment. It is important that your child thinks about and records their views, wishes and feelings as part of the assessment. They will also need to consider and record their aspirations for the future. We can work with them on what they would like to say and then record this in a way that they are happy with.
  • We can suggest other sources of information, such as the Rotherham SEND Local Offer
  • We will pass further information to your child through an appropriate source

See the Rotherham SEND Local Offer

Contact us

Send us a message

Call me on 01709 823627

Parents working with Rotherham SENDIASS can ask for a referral.

© 2019 Rotherham SENDIASS

Unless otherwise stated.